I am a professional web developer. I love building products for the web that serve people.
Professional Development Skills
I use Git a lot. I am well versed at committing, pushing, pulling, merging, rebasing, squashing, forking, cherry-picking, diffing, tagging, and releasing. I love leaving a codebase with a well documented and informative version history.
I live in the commandline. Primary unix-like, but I can do Windows when I need to.
Frontend Web Development
- Methods: Semantic, Accessible
- Processors: PostCSS, Sass, Less
- Methods: BEMIT, OOCSS, functional CSS
- Libraries: Tailwind, Tachyons
- Variants: ES2015+, Node
- Libraries: React, jQuery
- Package Managers: NPM, Yarn
- webpack (example)
Backend Web Development
- Frameworks: Laravel, Symfony
- Applications: WordPress (Roots)
- Package Managers: Composer
- Tools: PHP_Codesniffer, PHPUnit
- MySQL, MariaDB
- CI/CD tools such as Travis and CircleCI
- Error tracking tools like Sentry
What I’m learning on the weekends…
Rentbridge – Technology (October 2018 - Present)
Freelance Web Developer (2016 - Present)
- The Bible Project: landing pages for email campaigns
- The Art of Wayfaring: full website
- An undisclosed startup: a frontend (React) app prototype for pitching to investors.
- An undisclosed non-profit: an email/SMS reminder system with an user management interface (React frontend, Laravel backend).
United Youth Outreach – Creative/IT Coordinator (January 2018 - Present), Media/Tech Intern (Summer 2016; Summer 2015)
United Youth Outreach is a non-profit organization that empowers young leaders to do youth ministry. It functions as an umbrella for a multitude of different ministries. I have been working with United Youth Outreach for almost 4 years in a number of capacities. Over the years, I’ve built websites for the different ministries, provided graphic design, and have even built an app (Laravel).
True Market – Full Stack Web Developer (January - December 2018)
True Market is a full service digital agency in Calgary, Alberta. I was a full stack web developer for True Market, however, functionally, I was the lead developer. I was responsible for building the team’s current web stack.
I contribute to open source software. See my contributions on GitHub.
Roots – Team Member (July 2018 – Present)
Roots builds tools for building better WordPress websites. Yuck, WordPress — right?! Supposedly 30% of the web is built with WordPress — so it’s here to stay. Roots builds tools to modernize WordPress development. After using the tools and contributing for a few years, I joined Roots as a team member in 2018. As a team member, I continue to provide support, help maintain and contribute to existing projects, and am leading a new project.
Eston College – Bachelor's of Biblical Studies (cand.) (September 2013 – Present)
Eston College is a small Bible college in Eston, Saskatchewan — the middle of nowhere!
- Certificate of Music and Discipleship (2014)
- Certificate of Discipleship in Techonology (2015)
- Associate Diploma of Biblical Studies (2016)
- Bachelor's of Biblical Studies (2019)
- Outstanding Student in Tech Discipleship (2015)